Discovery Limited is one of South Africa’s more famous financial services providers, and they are also listed on the JSE. Discovery offers many different insurance products and currently covers over 5,1 million clients.
They are known for their flexible and affordable car insurance options which reward South African drivers when driving responsibly. Vitaly Drive is their driver behaviour programme that uses innovative technology which monitors driving practices and rewards points for good driving practices.
Discovery also offers roadside assistance and a no-excess benefit, while still having very competitive rates.
Car Insurance Plans Offered by Discovery
There are four different plans offered by Discovery:
Dynamic and Essential Plans – These plans offer flexible excess and no excess if the accident was caused by a third party. There are no car hire and Uber benefits in these plans.
Classic and Purple Plans – These plans have the benefit that there is no excess payable. Car hire and Uber benefits are included for first the 30 days after a claim. It also provides roadside assistance, Directionassist and Tripmonitor.
- Towing and storage in case of an accident
- Key recovery
- Locks and remotes cover
- Trauma cover
- Personal liability insurance
Vitality Drive Benefits
- Get rewards for good driving habits
- Get up to 50% of fuel spend back
- Get up to R800 back on fuel spend if you have Gautrain Gold Card and up to 50% back on monthly Gautrain spend.
- Save up to 25% on Uber.
- ImpactAlert – Automatically alerts emergency services when you were involved in a crash.
- Get shopping/movie vouchers for good driving.
Getting a Quote
If you are interested in getting a quote from Discovery Insure, you can visit their website here. To view all car insuranc companies in South Africa, go here, or read everything you need to know about car insurance here.
Next Insurer: Prime Meridian Direct