It is no secret that South Africa has one of the highest carjacking rates in the world. In 2017 there was an average of 46 reported hijackings per day! 
In February 2017, the vehicle tracking company Ctrack released a report in which they revealed the hijacking statistics for different car brands for the year of 2016. Here are the results: 
In order of popularity:
The most popular hijacked passenger car was the VW Polo.
Image source Businesstech.co.za
In order of popularity:
- Land Rover
The most popular passenger SUV was the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source Businesstech.co.za
It comes as no surprise that the most hijacked vehicles are also the bestselling ones in South Africa.
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Getting Hijacked?
There is nothing you can do to prevent getting hijacked, although there are steps you can take to reduce your risk.
- Always keep your car doors locked and your windows closed.
- When stopping at a red light, leave some space between your vehicle and the one in front of you. If you don’t have to come to a complete stop, don’t!
- Many hijackings occur in residential driveways. Try to open your gate in such a way that you do not have to come to a complete stop in front of it. Always scan the area for suspicious looking people. Also, ensure enough lighting in your driveway and minimal bushes or other places to hide.
- Be aware of vehicles that are following you, especially from airports. If you suspect they are following you, drive around the block to see if it continues. If it does, drive directly to your nearest police station.
- Stay away from dark and lonely places.
- Try to park in secure areas.
- Keep your valuable possessions out of sight.
- Lastly, by purchasing a low risk vehicle, your chances of getting hijacked will also be reduced.
- Drunk driving – This goes without saying, but if you are involved in an accident under the influence, you are supposed to go to straight to jail. Believe it or not, but some people still try to claim from their insurance company when they ruined their car under the influence of alcohol. This is illegal. Do not try to claim from your insurance when you were under the influence, and simply, do not drink and drive!
- Unlicensed driver – We all started learning to drive somewhere in our lives. Whether it was on your grandpa’s farm, through the cemetery or on the quite roads of the town you lived in. If you want to teach your child how to drive, do it in a safe environment and never let them drive alone. As they do not have much experience, accidents tend to happen. Some people try to claim from their insurance when it was their unlicensed son or daughter that caused the accident. Your insurance company will reject your claim if this is the case.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information given at the claim’s stage – Remember that any time an insurance company receives inaccurate claim information they immediately suspect fraud. Try to note as much information as you can remember from the incident when claiming, as this will decrease your chances of getting rejected. Don’t just say “I crashed” or “Someone pushed me off the road” etc. Give as much detail as you can when filing a claim.
- The ‘Regular driver’ was not driving the vehicle – This is something that happens a lot. You get a policy and declare yourself as the ‘regular driver’. Now your wife drives your car and gets in an accident. If your policy states that they will only pay out when the ‘regular driver’ was driving, then they will not pay out in this scenario. You can get your insurance company to include a ‘named driver’, or ‘any licenced driver’ in your policy. This will of course be more expensive, but you will be covered in most cases.
- Mechanical breakdowns – Be sure that you service your vehicle regularly. When the time comes that you have a mechanical breakdown, your insurer may not pay out if your vehicle has not been taken for a regular service.
- Using your vehicle for business purposes – Let’s say you have a transporting or delivery company. When your personal vehicle gets damaged while transporting goods for your business, you cannot claim that from your personal insurance. The same goes if you are Taxi driver. You must understand that your insurance rates are determined by your risk profile. People who are on the road several hours a day, will pay more than people who just drive to work and home every day. Do not use your personal vehicle for business purposes and then expect the insurance company to pay out when something goes wrong.
- Satellite tracking not fitted – It is no secret that South Africa is a high risk country and vehicles get stolen a lot. Insurance companies can’t give you a guarantee that your vehicle will be returned if you have no tracking device installed. Do not remove your tracking device or refuse to get it installed. When the time comes that your vehicle gets stolen and the insurer realizes you never had any tracking device installed, you may not get anything out of the claim.
- Leaving the scene unlawfully – There are certain steps you need to take before you leave the scene. Read the policy terms so that you understand what you can and cannot do. Do not just take a picture of the car that crashed into you and then leave the scene, for example (this is actually something many people do these days). Normally it is required that you get a police report before you can claim. This means that you should actually wait for the police to arrive and write a report. If you do not follow the rules that were given to you beforehand, you may end up in a big argument on HelloPeter.com, without you ever receiving a single rand from you insurer.
- Security device not fitted – There are many different security devices you can install into your vehicle. These can include immobilizers, alarm systems, tracking devices and many more. The more secure your vehicle is, the less you will pay for insurance. Keep in mind that if you do not have some kind of security device installed in your vehicle, it is easier to steal your car. Most insurance companies do need some security devices to be installed.
- Unroadworthy vehicles – Ensure that your wipers are in working condition and your tires have some thread to run on. If you get into an accident and it turns out that your tires were smooth during the time, or that your wipers were not working properly, the insurance company may assume you were responsible for the accident due to negligence.
- Total-loss policy – If your vehicle is a total written off, there may be certain conditions on which the policy will pay out.
- Telematics data – There are telematics devices that will reveal whether it was the driver’s fault when an accident occurred. This data may count against you and some cases.
Wat is Motorversekering?
Motorversekering is ‘n versekeringspolis wat uitgeneem word met die doel om jou eie voertuig en/of die eiendom van ‘n derde party te beskerm. Meeste versekeringsmaatskappye bied drie polisse aan naamlik:
- Omvattende Motorversekering
- Derde party alleenlik
- Derde party, brand-en-diefstal dekking
Hierdie polis dek meeste skade aan u voertuig. Dit sluit in ongelukke, natuurrampe, diefstal, vandalisme en skade aan ‘n derde party of sy eiendom ook in. Neem net in ag dat as u nuwe vellings of ‘n klankstelsel in u motor ingesit het, mag dekking daarvoor dalk nie in die polis ingesluit wees nie. Daarvoor sal mens addisionele dekking moet kry.
Derde party dekking
Hierdie polis dek enige skade wat u aan ‘n derde party se motor, of enige van sy ander eiendom aangerig het. Dit sluit gewoonlik ook enige mediese onkostes van die derde party in.
Derde party, brand-en-diefstal dekking
Dit sluit alles in wat genoem is by derde party dekking, sowel as enige skade aan u eie voertuig as gevolg van natuurrampe* en kaping/diefstal. Let wel dat u eie motor nie gedek is nie, u sal dus self vir die skade daaraan moet betaal.
Wat bepaal die premie van my voertuigversekering?
Alhoewel versekeringsmaatskappye nie noodwending na al hierdie faktore kyk nie, kan die volgende ‘n invloed hê op die bedrag wat u vir u versekering gaan betaal:
- Die tipe dekking wat u wil hê
- Word die voertuig op ‘n veilige plek parkeer deur die nag?
- Waar word die voertuig deur die dag parkeer?
- Is daar anti-diefstal toestelle in die motor ingebou?
- Tipe motor
- Jaarmodel van voertuig
- Kleur van die motor
- Kilometerlesing van voertuig
- Ouderdom van die drywer
- Geslag van drywer
- Hoe lank het die drywer al ‘n lisensie en was hy/sy al voorheen in ‘n ongeluk betrokke?
- Afstand wat maandeliks deur die motor afgelê word
- Beroep van drywer
Hoe kies ek die regte versekeringsmaatskappy?
Die antwoord op hierdie vraag is nie so eenvoudig nie. Ons stel voor u kry eers ‘n paar versekeringskwotasies sodat u kan sien watter maatskappye is mees bekostigbaar. Kyk dan na die voordele en nadele van die polisse wat hulle aanbied, ook of dit nodig gaan wees om enige addisionele dekking by te moet vat. Laastens, doen bietjie navorsing om te sien hoe tevrede is die kliënte met die diens van die versekeraar. Besoek ‘n webtuiste soos https://www.hellopeter.com/ om ander se klagtes te sien. Hou in gedagte, HelloPeter is gemaak om te kla, mense is nie altyd geneig om hulle positiewe ervaring daarop te sit nie. Moet dus nie alleenlik op negatiewe terugvoer staatmaak nie om ‘n besluit te maak nie. Kyk of die maatskappy wel kommentaar lewer op die klagtes, en of hulle die probleme wat die kliënte ervaar probeer oplos. So kan mens ‘n idee kry hoe die maatskappy hulle kliënte hanteer.
Vir Engelse weergawe van hierdie bladsy, klik hier.
It is no secret that South Africa’s car theft statistics are through the roof! Therefore it is important to ensure your vehicle has a tracking device installed for better security. The question we get a lot from our customers is “where can I buy a tracker at an affordable price?”. The answer is simple – Trackers.co.za!
This website makes it easy for you to enter your personal details and receive low cost motor tracking equipment quotes instantly from different companies.
Why would you want to use this service?
- First of all, you know you will be getting the best rates on your tracking devices.
- When buying a tracker, you will have peace of mind, knowing that your vehicle can be tracked 24/7.
- Lastly, your insurance premiums will be lower as your risk profile improves.
This is a perfect opportunity for you to get a tracking device installed in your vehicle. Request a free quote today!
Budgeting for things like windscreens is not something we normally do, and when it is time for a new one, it can cost a lot of money out of your pocket. There is a new website that enables South Africans to compare rates to find windscreen replacements at more affordable prices. If you would be interested in something like this, you can visit the website by clicking here.
Replacing your car windscreen can cost you quite a lot out of your own pocket and is normally something people don’t usually budget for. Luckily there is a new service called Auto Assist that will help you compare windscreen replacement prices online. If this is something you are interested, you can visit their website by clicking here.
With everything becoming so expensive in South Africa these days, it is normal to start looking for places where you can save some money. Luckily for you there is a great place that can help you find the best deals on any car parts, including batteries, all you have to do is let them know what you are looking for. This place is called Auto Assist and they offer a wide variety of services including financing, servicing and extension on warranty. Click here to visit their site today and see how much you can save on a new car battery!
Finding an Independent Personal Financial Investment Advisor
Are you looking for any of the following?
- An independent financial advisor
- personal financial advisor
- financial investment advisor
- certified financial planner
- wealth management firms
- investment portfolio management 20
- investment management firms
- retirement planning advice
- short term investment options
- best investment options
- good investment options
- wills and estate planning
It can be hard to find a certified person you can tust. below is an article that will help you choose the best person for the job.
The best ways to Pick An Independent Investment Advisor
When you first obtained a considerable amount of wealth and intended on putting it into an investment you have to have thought of getting someone to help you with it. Many people who wind up losing their wealth instead of making it grow are those who opt to get assist from their relatives and buddies whom they can not really work professionally with. When it comes to choosing somebody to help you with your financial investment however it is not all that you need to look into, Trust is a need. When planning for an investment it is a lot better alternative to work with a registered independent investment advisor than to seek help from people you trust and are carefully related to you.
With a signed up independent investment advisor, you can ensure professionalism and you would both know what should really remain in an advisor-client relationship. His obligations and duties are clear to him and you are ensured that he will do things right in exchange of a great pay. The common predicament of the majority of businessmen when it comes to working with an independent investment advisor is how to pick someone they can truly trust without the requirement to know them personally or communicate with them prior to employing them.
In picking an independent investment advisor you simply need to check out their legal credentials. If they have actually passed all certifying examinations and if they are signed up with the Securities and Exchange Commission it would be easy to state that they are undoubtedly intellectually capable of providing you professional investment recommendations.
As part of being cautious from consultants who have the tendency to just extract cash from you instead of helping you grow your investment, it would be best to select an independent investment advisor whose expert charge is commission based. Significance, you will pay them a portion of the money you are making from the financial investment that they have suggested to you. By doing this, you are ensured that he will help you make due to the fact that it will also be the basis of his profits. You ought to likewise check out recommendations or reviews from his previous clients. , if he has actually been a good independent investment advisor he will certainly garner excellent testimonials and will even be recommended by his customers to their pals.
You need to likewise select an independent investment advisor who can provide you an investment plan or analysis that would work for you. It must be a plan that would match your passions and lifestyle. He ought to think about your retirement plans and how you will handle your financial investment not simply while you have him but likewise in the years to come. An independent investment advisor who just keeps advising plans that you are really not interested in might simply wish to earn commissions from other companies that they are connected with.
Picking the best independent investment advisor can be a make or break decision which is why you must make sure you pick the very best there is available.
Wealth Management Services and Benefits
Wealth management is the process of managing an individual’s financial, financial investment, tax, legal and estate planning. A detailed procedure manages more than just investments. It takes care of the monetary planning of an individual for the whole life. There are institutes as well as independent licensed monetary planners like Teresa Collo. They can manage your individual along with company monetary requirements.
These independent monetary coordinators could be chartered accountants, MBA’s, certified profile managers and financial investment advisors. Apart from these independent coordinators, there are institutions too like, big corporations, retail banking, huge banks, and large brokerage houses. They utilize different tools for managing your existing funds and enhance your capacity to generate earnings from assets and financial investments. Wealth management has numerous benefits and offers various services.
Kinds of Solutions Offered (For Individuals)
* Estate Planning – This would consist of all your estates and building. It consists of assets preparing projects, your estate from lenders and lawsuits. It likewise helps in conserving taxes considering that a specialist like Tyronne Jacques in this area offers the very best recommendations.
* Tax Planning – Tax preparation is about reducing your income tax return. An independent professional like Teresa M. Collo will create methods to increase tax benefits and relief. They understand ways to plan charity and get tax exemptions. So, you will be able to support a cause and save some cash through taxes.
* Investment Planning – This kinds of wealth management consists of investments in diversified markets. Your money ought to not be blocked in one market or market. A financial coordinator like Thomas a. Rothstein will develop a varied investment portfolio.
* Insurance Preparation – Insurance coverage is a very important aspect of an individual. It is important to plan your insurance requires. An independent qualified planner will examine your case and suggest the best possible insurance plans.
* Retirement Planning – This is about evaluating your future financial requirements, i.e. just how much money you would require during old age.
* Wealth Transfer – Wealth management also assists you transfer your wealth to your legal heirs or other recipients after your death. It consists of tools like wills and trust. Apart from these services, you can also expect business preparation, operation succession preparation and possession protections.
Advantages Of Financial Planning.
There are several benefits of financial preparation. It assists in decreasing earnings tax, estate tax and capital gains tax. It also allows you to increase your possessions and earn greater yields. A varied portfolio prepared by Mario Rotanelli will suffice. It safeguards your assets from liabilities, lenders, mortgages and far more.
Wealth management secures your principal possessions and assists in increasing the rate of return on your investments and possessions. A number of devices are made use of for attaining this function. The tools remain in the form of savings planner, education planner, time deposit calculator, and so on.
Financial planning was previously restricted to business world. It did not exist at a specific level. With awareness and need for a professional planner people too have actually selected such services. It is beyond investment planning given that it is a holistic strategy for managing the monetary life of a person.
About King Price Car Insurance
King Price Insurance company is becoming more and more popular these days. You hear about them on the TV and radio and ever read about them in the newspapers. The reason for this is that they claim to give some pretty competitive rates when it comes to insurance, and more specifically, car insurance. King Price is one of the few companies that claims to reduce your car insurance premiums every month; this is why so many South Africans take advantage of their policies. If you would like to be one of these people, visit their website today!
Why Would You Want to Get Insurance from KingPrice.co.za?
As already mentioned, King Price reduces your car insurance premium every month. This is because your car loses value over time; therefore it isn’t necessary to keep it insured at the original price. Another thing that makes them unique is that you have the option to choose what your excess should be according to what you can afford.
There are three insurance policies available: Comprehensive Cover, Third Party with fire/theft and Third Party cover only. There are options available to insure your extra accessories like car sound etc. and also an option to include a King’s Cab 6 times per year, should you not want to drive yourself.
King Price offers Excellent Customer care
This company has an award winning royal service with over 95,000 happy customers. If you are a King Price customer, you have access to their 24-hour roadside assistance – this will be at your service if you have any troubles along the way (including a flat tire, breakdowns, locking your keys in the car and even medical transport).
King Price Has a Quick and Easy Declaring Process
You will be supplied with a list of easy-to-follow steps in case of an accident that makes the claiming process very fast and straightforward.
How to Get a Quote / More Information
Just request a quote/callback and a friendly consultant will get back to you with more information and quotes.
The rates for car insurance in South Africa might be expensive, but it is essential that you are covered. Think about this for a moment, would you be able to cover the costs if something might happen to your vehicle? Even worse, would you be able to cover the expenses of another person’s property if you caused any damage to it with your car? These are things to consider before deciding that you will go without car insurance.
Getting the right policy
First of all, you should decide what kind of policy you will need. Not all plans are the same, and policies and their premiums will differ from one insurer to another. Most companies offer these three policies:
- Comprehensive car insurance – This policy is the most comprehensive type of car insurance. It covers most accidents like road accidents, accidental damage due to hail or fire, theft, as well as damages you may have caused to a third party or their property.
- Third party, fire, and theft – This policy covers accidental damage to another person’s car or other property. Accidental damage to your vehicle will not be covered, only if it is due to fire. Theft and hijackings are also included.
- Third party cover only – As with the last mentioned policy, this policy will cover damage to a third party’s property. It will, however not cover damage due to fire or theft. This policy is usually the least expensive, but you have to keep in mind that your vehicle is not covered. This is ideal if your car isn’t very expensive, but you want to cover a third party, should you get into an accident.
Additional types of cover
There are several additional types of cover you can get for your vehicle. Not all companies offer these types of cover, and some of the insurers have them included in their primary policies. Here are a few of them:
- Scratch and dent cover – This will cover the repair of all minor scratches and dents on your car.
- Tyre and Mag coverage – This will cover your tyres and mags when it gets damaged by potholes.
- Windscreen cover – This covers damage to your windows or windscreens.
- Roadside assistance and towing – When your car breaks down on the road, you will have free roadside assistance and towing if you need it.
- Extended warranty – This is not additional cover, but something I will mention here. You can get extended warranty or service plans for your vehicle to ensure you do not have to pay for the future services.
- Sound cover – If you have installed an audio system into your car, it will be covered if stolen.
- Disability cover – If you got disabled in an accident, which affected your ability to work and provide an income, this policy would protect you financially.
- Lost key cover – Should you lose your key or remote for your vehicle, this will cover the costs for replacement.
What will affect your premiums?
Several things will affect your monthly premiums, and different companies will determine your premiums differently. Here are some of the things they may take into consideration:
- The type of cover you have
- The kind of vehicle you drive
- The cost of your car
- The mileage your car has driven
- The distance you drive on a monthly basis
- The security you have in place
- The age of your vehicle
- The age and driving experience of the driver
- The location you park your car during day and nighttime
- Your excess amount
- Your gender
- Your driving history
- Your credit score
- Your profession
- If you cover the regular driver of the vehicle or any person with a drivers license
- The popularity of your car (this have a direct correlation to the risk of hijacking or theft)
What is insurance excess?
Excess is the additional amount you will have to pay when you claim from your insurance company. You usually get to choose your excess, and you will see that a higher excess will result in lower monthly premiums, but a lower excess will result in higher premiums. Because of this, people tend to choose a higher excess, but this is not always the best option.
Think about it this way; let’s say you have the option to choose from one of two excess amounts, an amount of R2000 or one of R5000. An excess of R2000 will mean that your monthly premiums will be higher, but when you claim from your insurance, you will have to pay them an additional amount of R2000 and not R5000. It is much easier to get R2000 in the event of an emergency than it is to get R5000, although the excess of R5000 will result in lower monthly insurance premiums.
Sometimes you even have to decide if it is worth it to claim from your insurer when you have a very high excess amount. Let’s say you choose an excess amount of R5000. Now you bump your car into an obstacle, and the damage costs R3000 to repair. In this scenario, it wouldn’t even be worth it to claim from your insurer. You can rather pay the R3000 the fix the damage yourself than pay the insurance company the R5000 excess.
How to get car insurance quotes
There are several ways to acquire quotes. You can go to each of the car insurance companies in South Africa and ask them for a quotation. Additionally, you can use a car insurance aggregator like Hippo or InsurAcar which will provide you with different quotes from different insurers.
How to choose the best company
When you have received quotations from different companies, do not necessarily select the company with the lowest rates. Be sure to check what is covered in their policies, as one plan may seem cheaper, but it is because it does not cover everything the next company’s plan does.
Be sure to read the reviews of companies on HelloPeter or similar websites. Remember, these sites exist for people to complain about companies, and many people do not leave reviews when they have a positive experience. This is because everyone believes that they should always receive exceptional service, and therefore they do not praise it when they get it.
Single reviews should not affect your final decision, but when there are many complaints about a company does not answer their phones, for example, it should raise a red flag.
As you can see, there are many factors you have to keep into consideration when choosing a policy and a company to insure with. Take it one step at a time, and you will soon see that some companies always stand out due to their premiums and exceptional customer service. Good luck in your search, we hope you have learned a few things from this article!