It is no secret that South Africa has one of the highest carjacking rates in the world. In 2017 there was an average of 46 reported hijackings per day! 
In February 2017, the vehicle tracking company Ctrack released a report in which they revealed the hijacking statistics for different car brands for the year of 2016. Here are the results: 
In order of popularity:
The most popular hijacked passenger car was the VW Polo.
Image source Businesstech.co.za
In order of popularity:
- Land Rover
The most popular passenger SUV was the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source Businesstech.co.za
It comes as no surprise that the most hijacked vehicles are also the bestselling ones in South Africa.
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Getting Hijacked?
There is nothing you can do to prevent getting hijacked, although there are steps you can take to reduce your risk.
- Always keep your car doors locked and your windows closed.
- When stopping at a red light, leave some space between your vehicle and the one in front of you. If you don’t have to come to a complete stop, don’t!
- Many hijackings occur in residential driveways. Try to open your gate in such a way that you do not have to come to a complete stop in front of it. Always scan the area for suspicious looking people. Also, ensure enough lighting in your driveway and minimal bushes or other places to hide.
- Be aware of vehicles that are following you, especially from airports. If you suspect they are following you, drive around the block to see if it continues. If it does, drive directly to your nearest police station.
- Stay away from dark and lonely places.
- Try to park in secure areas.
- Keep your valuable possessions out of sight.
- Lastly, by purchasing a low risk vehicle, your chances of getting hijacked will also be reduced.
- Drunk driving – This goes without saying, but if you are involved in an accident under the influence, you are supposed to go to straight to jail. Believe it or not, but some people still try to claim from their insurance company when they ruined their car under the influence of alcohol. This is illegal. Do not try to claim from your insurance when you were under the influence, and simply, do not drink and drive!
- Unlicensed driver – We all started learning to drive somewhere in our lives. Whether it was on your grandpa’s farm, through the cemetery or on the quite roads of the town you lived in. If you want to teach your child how to drive, do it in a safe environment and never let them drive alone. As they do not have much experience, accidents tend to happen. Some people try to claim from their insurance when it was their unlicensed son or daughter that caused the accident. Your insurance company will reject your claim if this is the case.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information given at the claim’s stage – Remember that any time an insurance company receives inaccurate claim information they immediately suspect fraud. Try to note as much information as you can remember from the incident when claiming, as this will decrease your chances of getting rejected. Don’t just say “I crashed” or “Someone pushed me off the road” etc. Give as much detail as you can when filing a claim.
- The ‘Regular driver’ was not driving the vehicle – This is something that happens a lot. You get a policy and declare yourself as the ‘regular driver’. Now your wife drives your car and gets in an accident. If your policy states that they will only pay out when the ‘regular driver’ was driving, then they will not pay out in this scenario. You can get your insurance company to include a ‘named driver’, or ‘any licenced driver’ in your policy. This will of course be more expensive, but you will be covered in most cases.
- Mechanical breakdowns – Be sure that you service your vehicle regularly. When the time comes that you have a mechanical breakdown, your insurer may not pay out if your vehicle has not been taken for a regular service.
- Using your vehicle for business purposes – Let’s say you have a transporting or delivery company. When your personal vehicle gets damaged while transporting goods for your business, you cannot claim that from your personal insurance. The same goes if you are Taxi driver. You must understand that your insurance rates are determined by your risk profile. People who are on the road several hours a day, will pay more than people who just drive to work and home every day. Do not use your personal vehicle for business purposes and then expect the insurance company to pay out when something goes wrong.
- Satellite tracking not fitted – It is no secret that South Africa is a high risk country and vehicles get stolen a lot. Insurance companies can’t give you a guarantee that your vehicle will be returned if you have no tracking device installed. Do not remove your tracking device or refuse to get it installed. When the time comes that your vehicle gets stolen and the insurer realizes you never had any tracking device installed, you may not get anything out of the claim.
- Leaving the scene unlawfully – There are certain steps you need to take before you leave the scene. Read the policy terms so that you understand what you can and cannot do. Do not just take a picture of the car that crashed into you and then leave the scene, for example (this is actually something many people do these days). Normally it is required that you get a police report before you can claim. This means that you should actually wait for the police to arrive and write a report. If you do not follow the rules that were given to you beforehand, you may end up in a big argument on HelloPeter.com, without you ever receiving a single rand from you insurer.
- Security device not fitted – There are many different security devices you can install into your vehicle. These can include immobilizers, alarm systems, tracking devices and many more. The more secure your vehicle is, the less you will pay for insurance. Keep in mind that if you do not have some kind of security device installed in your vehicle, it is easier to steal your car. Most insurance companies do need some security devices to be installed.
- Unroadworthy vehicles – Ensure that your wipers are in working condition and your tires have some thread to run on. If you get into an accident and it turns out that your tires were smooth during the time, or that your wipers were not working properly, the insurance company may assume you were responsible for the accident due to negligence.
- Total-loss policy – If your vehicle is a total written off, there may be certain conditions on which the policy will pay out.
- Telematics data – There are telematics devices that will reveal whether it was the driver’s fault when an accident occurred. This data may count against you and some cases.
Wat is Motorversekering?
Motorversekering is ‘n versekeringspolis wat uitgeneem word met die doel om jou eie voertuig en/of die eiendom van ‘n derde party te beskerm. Meeste versekeringsmaatskappye bied drie polisse aan naamlik:
- Omvattende Motorversekering
- Derde party alleenlik
- Derde party, brand-en-diefstal dekking
Hierdie polis dek meeste skade aan u voertuig. Dit sluit in ongelukke, natuurrampe, diefstal, vandalisme en skade aan ‘n derde party of sy eiendom ook in. Neem net in ag dat as u nuwe vellings of ‘n klankstelsel in u motor ingesit het, mag dekking daarvoor dalk nie in die polis ingesluit wees nie. Daarvoor sal mens addisionele dekking moet kry.
Derde party dekking
Hierdie polis dek enige skade wat u aan ‘n derde party se motor, of enige van sy ander eiendom aangerig het. Dit sluit gewoonlik ook enige mediese onkostes van die derde party in.
Derde party, brand-en-diefstal dekking
Dit sluit alles in wat genoem is by derde party dekking, sowel as enige skade aan u eie voertuig as gevolg van natuurrampe* en kaping/diefstal. Let wel dat u eie motor nie gedek is nie, u sal dus self vir die skade daaraan moet betaal.
Wat bepaal die premie van my voertuigversekering?
Alhoewel versekeringsmaatskappye nie noodwending na al hierdie faktore kyk nie, kan die volgende ‘n invloed hê op die bedrag wat u vir u versekering gaan betaal:
- Die tipe dekking wat u wil hê
- Word die voertuig op ‘n veilige plek parkeer deur die nag?
- Waar word die voertuig deur die dag parkeer?
- Is daar anti-diefstal toestelle in die motor ingebou?
- Tipe motor
- Jaarmodel van voertuig
- Kleur van die motor
- Kilometerlesing van voertuig
- Ouderdom van die drywer
- Geslag van drywer
- Hoe lank het die drywer al ‘n lisensie en was hy/sy al voorheen in ‘n ongeluk betrokke?
- Afstand wat maandeliks deur die motor afgelê word
- Beroep van drywer
Hoe kies ek die regte versekeringsmaatskappy?
Die antwoord op hierdie vraag is nie so eenvoudig nie. Ons stel voor u kry eers ‘n paar versekeringskwotasies sodat u kan sien watter maatskappye is mees bekostigbaar. Kyk dan na die voordele en nadele van die polisse wat hulle aanbied, ook of dit nodig gaan wees om enige addisionele dekking by te moet vat. Laastens, doen bietjie navorsing om te sien hoe tevrede is die kliënte met die diens van die versekeraar. Besoek ‘n webtuiste soos https://www.hellopeter.com/ om ander se klagtes te sien. Hou in gedagte, HelloPeter is gemaak om te kla, mense is nie altyd geneig om hulle positiewe ervaring daarop te sit nie. Moet dus nie alleenlik op negatiewe terugvoer staatmaak nie om ‘n besluit te maak nie. Kyk of die maatskappy wel kommentaar lewer op die klagtes, en of hulle die probleme wat die kliënte ervaar probeer oplos. So kan mens ‘n idee kry hoe die maatskappy hulle kliënte hanteer.
Vir Engelse weergawe van hierdie bladsy, klik hier.
It is no secret that South Africa’s car theft statistics are through the roof! Therefore it is important to ensure your vehicle has a tracking device installed for better security. The question we get a lot from our customers is “where can I buy a tracker at an affordable price?”. The answer is simple – Trackers.co.za!
This website makes it easy for you to enter your personal details and receive low cost motor tracking equipment quotes instantly from different companies.
Why would you want to use this service?
- First of all, you know you will be getting the best rates on your tracking devices.
- When buying a tracker, you will have peace of mind, knowing that your vehicle can be tracked 24/7.
- Lastly, your insurance premiums will be lower as your risk profile improves.
This is a perfect opportunity for you to get a tracking device installed in your vehicle. Request a free quote today!
Budgeting for things like windscreens is not something we normally do, and when it is time for a new one, it can cost a lot of money out of your pocket. There is a new website that enables South Africans to compare rates to find windscreen replacements at more affordable prices. If you would be interested in something like this, you can visit the website by clicking here.
Replacing your car windscreen can cost you quite a lot out of your own pocket and is normally something people don’t usually budget for. Luckily there is a new service called Auto Assist that will help you compare windscreen replacement prices online. If this is something you are interested, you can visit their website by clicking here.
With everything becoming so expensive in South Africa these days, it is normal to start looking for places where you can save some money. Luckily for you there is a great place that can help you find the best deals on any car parts, including batteries, all you have to do is let them know what you are looking for. This place is called Auto Assist and they offer a wide variety of services including financing, servicing and extension on warranty. Click here to visit their site today and see how much you can save on a new car battery!
Finding an Independent Personal Financial Investment Advisor
Are you looking for any of the following?
- An independent financial advisor
- personal financial advisor
- financial investment advisor
- certified financial planner
- wealth management firms
- investment portfolio management 20
- investment management firms
- retirement planning advice
- short term investment options
- best investment options
- good investment options
- wills and estate planning
It can be hard to find a certified person you can tust. below is an article that will help you choose the best person for the job.
The best ways to Pick An Independent Investment Advisor
When you first obtained a considerable amount of wealth and intended on putting it into an investment you have to have thought of getting someone to help you with it. Many people who wind up losing their wealth instead of making it grow are those who opt to get assist from their relatives and buddies whom they can not really work professionally with. When it comes to choosing somebody to help you with your financial investment however it is not all that you need to look into, Trust is a need. When planning for an investment it is a lot better alternative to work with a registered independent investment advisor than to seek help from people you trust and are carefully related to you.
With a signed up independent investment advisor, you can ensure professionalism and you would both know what should really remain in an advisor-client relationship. His obligations and duties are clear to him and you are ensured that he will do things right in exchange of a great pay. The common predicament of the majority of businessmen when it comes to working with an independent investment advisor is how to pick someone they can truly trust without the requirement to know them personally or communicate with them prior to employing them.
In picking an independent investment advisor you simply need to check out their legal credentials. If they have actually passed all certifying examinations and if they are signed up with the Securities and Exchange Commission it would be easy to state that they are undoubtedly intellectually capable of providing you professional investment recommendations.
As part of being cautious from consultants who have the tendency to just extract cash from you instead of helping you grow your investment, it would be best to select an independent investment advisor whose expert charge is commission based. Significance, you will pay them a portion of the money you are making from the financial investment that they have suggested to you. By doing this, you are ensured that he will help you make due to the fact that it will also be the basis of his profits. You ought to likewise check out recommendations or reviews from his previous clients. , if he has actually been a good independent investment advisor he will certainly garner excellent testimonials and will even be recommended by his customers to their pals.
You need to likewise select an independent investment advisor who can provide you an investment plan or analysis that would work for you. It must be a plan that would match your passions and lifestyle. He ought to think about your retirement plans and how you will handle your financial investment not simply while you have him but likewise in the years to come. An independent investment advisor who just keeps advising plans that you are really not interested in might simply wish to earn commissions from other companies that they are connected with.
Picking the best independent investment advisor can be a make or break decision which is why you must make sure you pick the very best there is available.
Wealth Management Services and Benefits
Wealth management is the process of managing an individual’s financial, financial investment, tax, legal and estate planning. A detailed procedure manages more than just investments. It takes care of the monetary planning of an individual for the whole life. There are institutes as well as independent licensed monetary planners like Teresa Collo. They can manage your individual along with company monetary requirements.
These independent monetary coordinators could be chartered accountants, MBA’s, certified profile managers and financial investment advisors. Apart from these independent coordinators, there are institutions too like, big corporations, retail banking, huge banks, and large brokerage houses. They utilize different tools for managing your existing funds and enhance your capacity to generate earnings from assets and financial investments. Wealth management has numerous benefits and offers various services.
Kinds of Solutions Offered (For Individuals)
* Estate Planning – This would consist of all your estates and building. It consists of assets preparing projects, your estate from lenders and lawsuits. It likewise helps in conserving taxes considering that a specialist like Tyronne Jacques in this area offers the very best recommendations.
* Tax Planning – Tax preparation is about reducing your income tax return. An independent professional like Teresa M. Collo will create methods to increase tax benefits and relief. They understand ways to plan charity and get tax exemptions. So, you will be able to support a cause and save some cash through taxes.
* Investment Planning – This kinds of wealth management consists of investments in diversified markets. Your money ought to not be blocked in one market or market. A financial coordinator like Thomas a. Rothstein will develop a varied investment portfolio.
* Insurance Preparation – Insurance coverage is a very important aspect of an individual. It is important to plan your insurance requires. An independent qualified planner will examine your case and suggest the best possible insurance plans.
* Retirement Planning – This is about evaluating your future financial requirements, i.e. just how much money you would require during old age.
* Wealth Transfer – Wealth management also assists you transfer your wealth to your legal heirs or other recipients after your death. It consists of tools like wills and trust. Apart from these services, you can also expect business preparation, operation succession preparation and possession protections.
Advantages Of Financial Planning.
There are several benefits of financial preparation. It assists in decreasing earnings tax, estate tax and capital gains tax. It also allows you to increase your possessions and earn greater yields. A varied portfolio prepared by Mario Rotanelli will suffice. It safeguards your assets from liabilities, lenders, mortgages and far more.
Wealth management secures your principal possessions and assists in increasing the rate of return on your investments and possessions. A number of devices are made use of for attaining this function. The tools remain in the form of savings planner, education planner, time deposit calculator, and so on.
Financial planning was previously restricted to business world. It did not exist at a specific level. With awareness and need for a professional planner people too have actually selected such services. It is beyond investment planning given that it is a holistic strategy for managing the monetary life of a person.
About King Price Car Insurance
King Price Insurance company is becoming more and more popular these days. You hear about them on the TV and radio and ever read about them in the newspapers. The reason for this is that they claim to give some pretty competitive rates when it comes to insurance, and more specifically, car insurance. King Price is one of the few companies that claims to reduce your car insurance premiums every month; this is why so many South Africans take advantage of their policies. If you would like to be one of these people, visit their website today!
Why Would You Want to Get Insurance from KingPrice.co.za?
As already mentioned, King Price reduces your car insurance premium every month. This is because your car loses value over time; therefore it isn’t necessary to keep it insured at the original price. Another thing that makes them unique is that you have the option to choose what your excess should be according to what you can afford.
There are three insurance policies available: Comprehensive Cover, Third Party with fire/theft and Third Party cover only. There are options available to insure your extra accessories like car sound etc. and also an option to include a King’s Cab 6 times per year, should you not want to drive yourself.
King Price offers Excellent Customer care
This company has an award winning royal service with over 95,000 happy customers. If you are a King Price customer, you have access to their 24-hour roadside assistance – this will be at your service if you have any troubles along the way (including a flat tire, breakdowns, locking your keys in the car and even medical transport).
King Price Has a Quick and Easy Declaring Process
You will be supplied with a list of easy-to-follow steps in case of an accident that makes the claiming process very fast and straightforward.
How to Get a Quote / More Information
Just request a quote/callback and a friendly consultant will get back to you with more information and quotes.
Car Insurance Quotes: Finding the Best Policy
The rates for car insurance in South Africa can be expensive, but it is worth it if you have found the finest policy available in the market. So, how can you find these policies in car insurance? You can find various policies from numerous insurance companies. You have to take note that not all policies are the same. They may differ from one type of insurance to another and their price may range from expensive to cheap. That is why you need to be cautious every time when you are shopping around for policies because this can help you save money.
You can find car insurance policy online. If you want to get great deals on these policies, request some quotes from various insurance companies. You can shop around while your chosen insurance companies are still sending you the quote you have requested. When shopping around, do not rush everything and find more companies if possible. This is because it takes time to find the best insurance company that would offer you cheap yet quality policy on vehicle insurance.
Requesting more car insurance quotes is never been a bad thing to do. After you have received the quotes you requested, compare them from one another and choose the best one. You can do this on our quotes page. Find out their differences and what they could offer to you. There are various coverage options you can choose from. Each policy may feature additional coverage options. If your budget is enough for some features only, do not choose coverage options that would cost you more than your budget. This might just give you pain and damaged your pockets because of expensive premium. For some options, ask your insurer for suggestions and what features are suitable for you.
The best way to find a good deal is by researching some insurance companies that offer discounts to some organizations and credit unions. If you think this can benefit you, don’t hesitate to sign a contract with the insurer. Once you are sure with your decision, the next thing you need to is to find out the coverage level of what you desire or need. It is not a bad idea to determine the type of coverage you’ll need. You have to figure out whether liability or collision coverage is best suited to your needs. After you have determined the type of coverage that matches on your preferences, it is now the right time for you to know the cost of coverage. The cost for liability coverage is different from collision coverage. It depends on the covered terms and conditions. So, if you like to pay cheap premiums, choose only the policy that would cover few things.
If you are confused with the number of insurance companies that offers different car insurance policies, you may consider asking one of your friends who has just availed car insurance from a particular company. It depends on you if you will choose the company where your friend gets the insurance, but if you think that the company will not give you what you need, don’t hesitate to find another company.